This Celeriac Salad is very easy and quick to make, requiring just 6 ingredients and a mustard vinaigrette. If you are good at mixing things together this is the only skill you need to master this recipe.
This is the perfect salad recipe if one of your New Year’s resolutions is eating healthier. If you follow this blog you will find many healthy, easy and delicious recipes to start a healthy and delicious lifestyle. This year vegetables, fruits, green leaves and whole grain foods will be your allies to help you achieve your goal. Right enough talking, let’s make this Celeriac Salad.
The main ingredients for this salad is celeriac, not to be confused with celery. They are basically the same plant but different varieties. Celeriac is the root and it can be used either cooked or raw, my favourite way to eat it is raw, we are going to grate it for this delicious and clean celeriac salad.
What else is in this salad? Well we have crunchy kale, beetroot and a yummy vinaigrette. It’s a colourful salad with a very interesting mix of textures. The flavoursome mustard-cider vinegar dressing with pomegranate seeds gives it a great kick. It gives the salad a delicious fruity taste. This salad is one of my go to work recipes, it keeps perfect until lunch time. I love salads!
- 4 cups kale, chopped kale and stems removed
- 1 cup celeriac (grated)
- 1 cup beetroot(grated)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- - Mustard vinaigrette -
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (1 Tbsp to massage the kale)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- To make the dressing combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a folk until you get a thick vinaigrette.
- In a bowl mix together the pomegranate seeds, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds. Pour in the vinaigrette and stir well.
- To prepare the kale first remove the ribs from the kale, keep only the green parts. Chop the kale with your hands.Wash it with plenty of water and then pour in 1 tsp of oil and a pinch of salt and massage the kale by scrunching handfuls at a time. This is to make the kale less bitter.
- To assemble the salad combine the kale, grated celeriac and beetroot in a large serving bowl. Then drizzle the vinaigrette mix over the salad. It is ready!
- *Add more vinaigrette to the salad if necessary, celeriac can be a bit dry and we want our salad moist and hearty.
- *You can add some leftover cooked grains too.
This fresh Celeriac salad with kale is a quick and tasty recipe so I hope you give it a try and will encourage you to try any other SALADS on the blog. Share a photo of your Celeriac Salad with #shoothcook on Instagram, I look forward to seeing your photos!