Can you believe that I never tried Pan Fried Broccoli until today? The worst part is that I’m a broccoli fanatic, it is an integral part of my meal plan every week.
Pan Fried Broccoli tastes like a whole new vegetable!
I wish I had tried it before but, anyway, I’m happy I made this delicious discovery and I want to share this Pan Fried Broccoli Recipe with all of you that haven’t tried it yet. I nearly forget it, it takes less than 30 minutes to cook!
Did you know Pan Fried Broccoli is nutritionally better than boiling vegetables as it preserves more of its nutrients? This simple and healthy Pan Fried Broccoli is also a healthy and nourishing meal to bring to work. The crispy texture of the broccoli stems drives me crazy! However, I still like steamed or roasted broccoli if well-cooked.
I also made a quick snack from the leftovers, Red pepper hummus with broccoli florets. This recipe can be a starter or even a yummy snack. This recipe is on my list so it’ll be shortly on the blog.
How did it turn out for you? Leave your comments and any ideas below. I look forward to seeing your pictures on Instagram with the hasgtag #shoothecook ! Cheers !
- 1 medium broccoli, chopped into florets
- 3 slices of Spanish ham, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Put the onion and cook until soft, then add broccoli florets and stir-fry about 15' (al dente) or a bit more (tender).
- Add Spanish ham and stir 2' until everything is mixed and ham is heated, then it is ready to serve.
- *Would you like to add more vegetables to this recipe? Feel free to make a vegetable stir-fry out of it. I sometimes change it a bit adding a handful of carrot sticks and a sliced leek.