Bored of having always sweet things for breakfast? Me too, that’s why this idea came to my mind. Let’s change butter for something healthier and very tasty, GUACAMOLE TOAST!
This dip is probably one of the most loved and consumed with tortilla chips, but why to enjoy it only as a dip when it’s so good and nourishing. You can spread it on your breakfast toasts, sandwich or be creative and make some tapas.
If possible mash the avocados just before eating it, guacamole will be fresher and it’ll have such a vibrant colour. It only takes 10′. But if you’re on rush in the morning make it the night before so you have it ready for breakfast. I recommend keeping it in an airtight container in the fridge just after making it. In the morning add the pomegranate seeds and pistachios and enjoy it with some bread. I always add an extra squeeze of lime to the guacamole, I love citrus so much.
It’s often thought that avocados are a very fatty fruit, but let’s make it clear, avocados are not for a weight-loss diet but it’s recommended to include them in any balanced diet because they’re a good source of vitamins, minerals like potassium and they also contain good fats such as Omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for your body.
Do you need more reasons to change a sweet breakfast for this savoury Guacamole Toast?
How did it turn out for you? Leave your comments and any ideas below. I look forward to seeing your pictures on Instagram with the hasgtag #shoothecook! See you soon.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice (can swap for lemon juice)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 Tbsp red onion (or spring onion), minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (add more to taste)
- Boil for 3' the tomato in a small saucepan with water. Allow to cool before peeling it. Then finely mince the tomato skin and place it in a bowl.
- Add the onion and parsley to the bowl and mix.
- To open the avocados cut them lengthwise, turn each half in one direction and it'll open easily. Insert the tip of the knife in the pit and remove it. Scrape the pulp of the avocados into the bowl and squeeze lime juice into it straightaway to avoid it to oxidise.
- Mash it with a fork, I love to leave some chunks, but if you prefer it creamy just keep mashing until smooth.
- Store it in a airtight container and keep it in the fridge until you need it.
- Now is time to make your toasts your, seed the pomegranate and add the pistachios to make them crunchy.
- *Other good idea that I have tried is to add some halved cherry tomatoes and drizzle the guacamole toast with olive oil, tasty and very healthy.
- *Don't have a pomegranate, leave it out or replace with some grapes, they will also give a sweet touch to the toasts.