Do you know what millet is? You will love it after trying this Millet Granola Recipe. Millet is super versatile and is also gluten free. While I was testing this granola recipe I cooked some savoury dishes with millet, as a substitute to rice, and it tastes amazing. This wholegrain is a good source of iron, magnesium and phosphorus. I’m sure millet will be the new quinoa soon. Let’s start with this Millet Granola with Orange Essence: crunchy, fragrant and delicious.
This Millet granola has oats, almonds, coconut flakes and my secret ingredient: orange essence, which gives this granola an amazing flavour. The millet become nice and crispy in the oven and it is the most fragrant granola recipe I have made so far.
The best way to enjoy this millet granola is with yogurt and mandarins at breakfast. You are in the right place in the right moment, it is mandarins season so go grab a few an delight yourself with this granola recipe.
I love sweets and these granola recipes are helping me to control my carvings because this granola is my healthy treat but at the same time it is so nutritious that it makes me feel full. I’m a big granola fan as you can see and I’m always thinking up of new ways to include it in my recipes. My last granola idea are these Yogurt & Granola Jars for dessert, check it out!
Let’s start cooking guys!
- 1/2 cup (50g) millet +1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cup (200g) gluten free oats
- 1 cup (150g) raw almonds or hazelnuts
- 5 Tbs unsweetened coconut flakes (substitute for sesame seeds)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 10-12 Tbsp maple syrup (substitute for honey if needed)
- 2 tsp orange essence
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add the millet to a large bowl and pour in the boiling water. Cover with a lid or plate and leave for 30'. Drain any water excess.
- Keep the millet in the bowl and add the oats, the coconut flakes, the almonds and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Then pour in the wet ingredients into the bowl: honey, olive oil and orange essence.
- Preheat the oven to 170º for 5'. Spread the granola on the parchment paper. Bake for 10' stir once and bake for a further 5-10' until it is lightly toasted.
- Let the granola cool before storing, this helps it form in to clusters. You will be surprised how crunchy is this muesli.