Hi guys, are you ready to cook this delicious Pan-fry Salmon in a delicious orange sauce? If you are interested in this entrée it is probably because you are looking to surprise someone with a nice dinner. This recipe is foolproof and only 25‘. It is all about matching the salmon flavours with the citrus of the oranges. 6 ingredients that will transform into the yummiest pan-fry salmon ever! Let’s show off our cooking skills with this recipe 😉
I used to cook this recipe with salmon fillets and serve it on its own but I thought it was a good idea to also make small salmon cubes as a entrée. The inspiration for this dish came from a lot of sushi testing, I loved how you just take it and put it directly in your mouth without having to worry about fish bones. This way of cooking fish could be useful to encourage kids to eat it more often. We like well presented food and can make a judgement on its taste based on how it’s presented. These Pan-fry Salmon with Orange Sauce is easy to arrange and it looks quite cool I think, so let’s impress our guests with our presentation and blow them away with the taste.
But don’t make it just once! If you like this recipe, it is a healthy and delicious way of adding salmon to your diet. To turn it in to a main dish I cook one salmon fillet per person and pair it with a bowl of brown rice or quinoa. Add the salmon fillet on top of your rice and spoon over some orange sauce, it comes together nicely and makes a well balanced lunch or dinner.
- 1 big onion, diced
- 2 (220-250g) fresh salmon fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/2 cup (50g) cashews
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- - For garnishing -
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- Sautée the onion with 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a pan until transparent, about 8'.
- Add the cashews to the pan and brown them for a couple minutes.
- Add the orange juice and cook over a low heat, in 5' the sauce will get thicker. Try it and add some salt if desired. Set aside.
- Heat other pan with 1 Tbsp of olive oil, add the salmon cubes and cook over a high heat for 2' turning them until they are nicely browned. Take them out and sprinkle a bit of salt over them.
- To arrange this entree plate the salmon on a plate and pour over the sauce, heat it up if it is cold. Garnish the dish with chopped chives and put a stick on each one
- *You can change cashews for pine nuts or walnuts, no problem!
I hope you try it and also get inspiration for you dishes. If you hate salmon don’t go away without checking out other healthy and creative recipes → ENTRÉES. Find out more about Shoot the Cook on Instagram.