Are you looking forward to the Christmas holidays? I am, I cannot wait to fly home. I have pretty much decided the recipes I’ll be cooking for Christmas and my favourite recipe on my list are these Smoked Salmon Flower Canapés with sour cream and feta cheese.
How is your Christmas menu going? If you haven’t got your head around it yet, I would highly recommend that you make these canapés. They are delicious, simple and quick to make. There is no better motivation to cook something special than to share it with all your family around the table. I promise they will like it.
I have always enjoyed cooking, I enjoyed being in the kitchen and helping my grandma as much as she allowed me. Every year my cousins and I make these canapés and other starters for Christmas Eve, I love these special moments.
Every year I bring some new entrées and desserts to my grandparents house for dinner, I want to make them try new things and see what they think of my recipes. Although I leave my grandma to cook the main dish, roast lamb; nobody makes it like she does. I’ll stop rambling now or you’ll never make these gorgeous Smoked Salmon flowers canapés. Who doesn’t like a good smoked salmon? It’s a Christmas classic, I know, but sometimes the simple combination of flavours work the best and it is a safe dish. You may find it difficult to eat these beauties at first but I bet there won’t be any Left on your plate.
Enjoy these fresh, tasty and delicate bites in the best company. What are your special Christmas recipes? Let me know in the comments below. Happy Christmas!
- 400g high quality smoked salmon (I use Scottish salmon)
- - Homemade cheese spread -
- 4 Tbsp sour cream (sub for cream cheese like Philadelphia)
- 2 Tbsp Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tsp mint or parsley chopped
- Pinch of pepper
- - For garnishing -
- 1 Tbsp spring onion minced
- Lime juice to taste
- For the cheese spread mix all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth, you can also do it by hand.
- Cut the salmon into wide strips, spread some cheese on one end of the salmon strip and roll it. Don't roll the salmon tightly, then fashion the salmon layers in the shape of a flower. Let see how much of a perfectionist you are my flowers are not perfect.
- Garnish with some finely chopped spring onion and squeeze a bit of lime on each one. These fresh & delicious Salmon Canapés are ready.
- *For a super quick canapes spread them just with cream cheese, like Philadelphia. If you can add the mint and the lime juice, they give a magic touch.