Some days are harder than others and the last thing you want to do when you get home late is to make dinner. We’re all guilty of taking the easy option and phoning our local takeaway…admit it, you know it’s true!
I’m not going to tell you how bad junk food is for you, if you read this blog I’m sure you already know this. It’s my job to encourage you to cook a home cooked meal even on those lazy days. This smoked salmon and ricotta toast recipe is on my list of Simple & Lazy Recipes that you can cook in less than 10′.
To make today’s toast you need to keep 4 go to ingredients in your fridge: Bread + Spinach + Smoked salmon + Spring onions + Cottage Cheese
You can play around with what you have in the fridge and add also leftovers. Don’t forget to add green leaves, some protein such as fish or chicken and some carbs to make a well-balanced meal.
I hope you enjoy this savoury dinner, you deserve it after a hard day at work! If you have time I’ll appreciate your comments and please tag your favourite photo of the dish on Instagram, I’m sure you did a great job!
- 3 whole grain slices of bread (you can use frozen bread)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (or substitute it with cream cheese)
- 3 small smoked salmon slices
- 6 spinach leaves (or a small handful of rocket), wash and drained
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- - For ganishing -
- 2 tsp honey
- Dill or thyme for garnishing
- Ground pepper to taste
- Mix the cheese and lemon juice in a small bowl .Add the scallions and mix until smooth.
- Spoon a bit of the cheese mixture over each slice of toast, then add 2 spinach leaves on each one.
- Place the salmon slices on top of the spinach.
- Sprinkle with a bit of honey over each slice of toast and stack them one on top of each other.
- To finish, garnish with pepper to taste and fresh dill.
- *You can substitute ricotta cheese with cream cheese.
- *If you have 5mins extra I recommend you to marinate the salmon in soy sauce for 5' just before adding it to the toast, it is delicious and adds a special something to the recipe.