These White & Dark chocolate bites are my Christmas food gift for my family and friends and this year you can make it too! This is the perfect present for foodies and chocolate lovers. In just 10 minutes you will have a beautiful chocolate gift, delicious and cheaper than any box of chocolates. But before starting this exciting recipe, Happy Holidays, friends!
I like to call them Chocolate Rocks because it is exactly what they are, a crunchy mix of hazelnuts, cornflakes and dark or white chocolate fashioned into a rock shape. These sweet bites are always welcome with my friends and family, they always expect me to bring some when we get together. I’m making a big batch of these this year, thank God they are super quick to make! I have started making them already because they keep for a couple weeks.
My friend Sandra first introduced me to these a couple years ago and that was the beginning of my addiction to these chocolates. Inspired by her recipe, I want to share with her and you these amazing chocolate bites.
I have made this recipe many times. I started with the dark chocolate rocks and then experimented with white chocolate for Christmas, the result is a delicate & super sweet white chocolate pistachio rocks. They look to be as good as the dark chocolate ones or perhaps even better because my friends ate them all within half an hour. Are you a dark chocolate or white chocolate addict? If you are not sure make both and let me know which is your favourite!
For the packaging I put 4 dark chocolate rocks on the bottom and 3 white rocks on the top, my intention was to make it look like a Christmas tree with some snow on the top. To get that look sprinkle them with coconut flakes, cocoa powder or dry cranberries to give them a Christmas touch.
I hope your Christmas is as sweet as these chocolate bites. I hope 2017 will bring happiness, hope, love, dreams, health…to you. Happy New Year!
- - Dark Chocolate Rocks with Hazelnuts - 18 chocolate rocks
- 1 +1/2 dark cooking chocolate bars (300g) (I used gluten free)
- 1 + 1/2 cups roasted hazelnuts, chopped or whole
- 1 + 1/2 cup plain corn flakes (I use a gluten free version)
- - White Chocolate Rocks with Pistachios - 14 chocolate rocks
- 1 white chocolate cooking bar (200g) (I used gluten free)
- 1 cup pistachios, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup plain corn flakes (I used a gluten free version)
- If your hazelnuts are not roasted do it now. Pre-heat the oven to 180º and roast them for 20'. Then scrub them to remove the skin on a tea towel.
- The quickest way to chop nuts is to place them in a bag and mash them with the bottom of a glass.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and then reduce the heat to medium. Set a medium glass mixing bowl on top, make sure it's not touching the water. Add the chocolate to the bowl and whisk until it has melted. Then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the hazelnuts and corn flakes to the mixture. Stir well until everything is cover with chocolate.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Place one spoon of mixture for each chocolate bite, more or less. Use your fingers to give them a more pyramid-shape.
- Sprinkle the rocks with coconut flakes and dried cranberries on top.
- Leave then to set for 2 hours in a cold room or in the fridge. You can store them in the fridge or outside for a couple weeks. They keep really well.
- *For the White Chocolate Rocks: repeat as per the same instructions above. However, you don't need to toast the pistachios. Decorate them with cocoa powder or cocoa nibs on top.
There is no better present for a foodie than this gorgeous treat. Hurry up because Christmas is just around the corner. Let me know how this recipe turned out for you and I look forward to seeing your chocolate presents on Instagram with the hasgtag #shoothecook!